Calculate all your Crystal Radio Initiative coil dimensions according to Eric Dollard’s equations from as few as two numbers input
Version 2.0 of the Advanced Crystal Radio Initiative Calculator boasts a completely redesigned front end, making it even easier to use! It now features measurement units selection, reducing the clutter on screen and allowing you to display only the units that you’re working with.
Advanced Crystal Radio Initiative Calculator Features:
- Calculate all your Crystal Radio Initiative coil dimensions according to Eric Dollard’s equations from as few as two numbers input
- NEW: Units selection from dropdown menu
- Optional primary coil dimensions input for simplifying the design process
- Calculate the secondary and primary conductor surface area
- Calculate the primary coil inductance and approximate tuning capacitance
- Magnification Factor calculation
- Coil frame groove details
- NEW: Illustrative diagram with positioned overlay measurements which update in real-time with units selection (only available in the Excel version)
- Primary and secondary total and active copper weight based on the calculated conduction depth
- Optional primary hollow conductor input for calculating total copper weight
- Fully integrated coil analysis – enter your measured frequency for the Magnification Factor section and the calculator will take care of the rest!
The spreadsheet is available for Microsoft Office Excel, WordPerfect Office Quattro Pro and OpenOffice Calc in a single download package. The download is provided as a .zip file containing the .xlsx, .qpw and .ods spreadsheet files. Click here to download WinZip.
Minimum requirements: Microsoft Excel 2007, Corel Quattro Pro X3 or OpenOffice Calc 4.0.1. The calculator has not been tested on older versions of these programs and images and formulas may not display correctly.
There’s also a Free Crystal Radio Initiative Calculator available. Click here to try it now.
Don’t know what the Crystal Radio Initiative is? Click here to find out more.